Detoxification Protocol for Mercury & Heavy Metals
During and for 3 days after amalgam removal much of the mercury constituents are still floating around into the blood before it becomes assimilated into the body tissues. To maximize the detoxification via liver and kidneys, the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) recommends the following, which I am in agreement.
Note: this is essentially a 3–day detox which can be very effective.
Preparation for Amalgam Removal
1. Increase oral vitamin C dose to 3-5 grams or more daily beginning the day prior,
day of and for three days following the procedure. Daily dosage should follow
the rule, more is better to the level of ones tolerance and comfort level.
2. Take Glutithione supplement to facilitate Liver detox (begin as soon as
possible or at least 1 day before and continue for at least 3 months)
... if Glutithione is unavailable substitute with Alpha Lipoic Acid 500-600mg daily (day before, day of and for 3-days after) then reduce to 300 mg daily
for one month (sustained release is best).
3. N-acetylcysteine ~1500 mg (~3 capsules) (day before and for 3-days
after) then reduce to 1 cap till finished.
4. Take ~1800 mg (~4 capsules) Modified Citrus Pectin (day before and for 3-
days after) then reduce to 1 cap till finished. If unavailable substitute with
Seleniun or Chlorella as directed on label..
- Modified Citrus Pectin, Selenium, Chlorella helps bind mercury constituents in the blood.
- N-acetylcysteine and Alpha Lipoic Acid assists the liver in phase I detoxification in the liver.
- Vitamin C helps protect the body tissues and assists in detoxification.
General Daily Dietary Detox Suggestions
- Vitamin C 1 - 3,000 mg (1-3 gram) daily or more if tolerated
- eggs (with yolks) daily as a source of dietary sulfur
- Glutithione supplement if available to facilitate liver detox
[if unavailable use Lipoic Acid 300 mg daily (sustained release is best)]
- Chlorella, Selenium to act as a mild chelator
If one has remaining amalgams, it is not recommended to be overly aggressive in any detox.