For additional information
that was correlated by my colleague Dr. Grayce Stratton Pleasanton office.
Recommended reading for information about the corona virus (covid-19), precautions, etc. is to peruse the CDC website
For detailed information about the genomics of this virus,
- Discussion of Physiology of Covid-19 (below)
with emphasis on does and don't with self-care using nutritional and herbals.
Presented below by fellow colleagues of I.C.A.K.
Preventative and Self Care Recommendations
Comments by Dr. Walter Schmitt (private use only)
Follow Link to download the PDF File
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT . continued ......
- Dr. Corwin's comments about how the covid viral infection can be distinguished from other similar viral afflictions below .
It is not difficult to identify if myself or someone whom has an upper-respiratory cold whether it be bacteria or virus. The covid virus being an aggressive RNA virus is much different than the standard upper respiratory rhino virus which does not trigger the adaptive (B & T Cell antibody) immune system.
What doers trigger the adaptive (B & T Cell antibody) immune system would be herpes simplex and chronic fatigue viruses. Allergies also trigger another aspect of the adaptive immune system as well as obvious chronic auto immune issues. If one has any of those conditions, those are the individuals that are predisposed to the covid virus and or if they were to become infected with the covid virus, their ability to fight off the covid virus would be compromised in initial defense as well as over reaction (referred to as cytokine storm). The adaptive immune system when healthy easily self regulates and prevents over reaction by the T Reg cells. Only rare occasions such as full body poison ivy/oak, snake poisons, tetanus reaction and the like require immune suppressants (prednisone) to turn down the adaptive immune response.
The challenge for me is just to differentiate between covid virus infection and herpes simplex and chronic fatigue viral load which are obvious. Unfortunately any one with those conditions condition will often trigger off a false positive on the PCR antibody lab test. Because the population numbers of people with mild cases of CFS, herpes is so common these days it is confusing and these people are often labeled asymptomatic with positive lab tests. Additionally it is not uncommon to have morning sinus /throat congestion and or minor allergy symptoms that offer the appearance of pre-symptomatic covid upper respiratory symptoms.
Because of these two factors, the vulnerability of so many compromised health situations of the elderly and many non-elderly individuals and the potency of the covid virus to overwhelm immune compromised people, that there is such a high number of deaths and public health response.
Many people cannot afford to take off work for any reason and confuse allergies and minor URI with true covid virus symptoms. The public health response must therefore be overly cautious. Wearing a mask in crowded public places where the potential for the public to not recognize the difference between allergies, common URI colds, and actually having a case of covid virus (mild) in the healthy individual is therefore a higher potential higher risk factor thus a mask can offer some protection in these situations. Wearing a mask around healthy individuals, in one’s car, and outdoors is unnecessary. Once my patients enter the treatment room, no mask is necessary. I have not seen any of my patients with evidence of the active covid virus infection.